I have been reliant on my spouse for financial support. Now that we are getting divorced I’m worried about how to get by every month?


Enquire with your attorneys whether this issue can first be discussed with your spouse to see if your spouse will agree to pay voluntary maintenance to you. If they are unwilling to do so, then the recommended route to take would be a Rule 43 application in the High Court as this application allows for an order for interim spousal maintenance until a final divorce order is made at trial or following settlement.
(click the link here to visit our page on Rule 43 applications for more information)
(click on the following link here to be taken to our user-friendly online income and expenditure form to determine what monthly maintenance you need)
You can also bring a maintenance application in the maintenance court, but it will typically take several months before a maintenance order is made. If you proceed with this option then it is important to request the maintenance court at the first informal enquiry make an interim maintenance order until the matter is finally dealt with.

Recent Posts
Contact Us

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.