What can I do if the other person is unemployed and not earning an income?


If the other parent is not employed and does not appear to be earning an income, you can bring an application against the child’s grandparents (the parents of that unemployed parent) to contribute to the child’s maintenance instead. Note: Grandparents can only be required to pay for what is considered to be necessary expenses for the children (eg. groceries) and so this is far more limited.

Recent Posts
Contact Us

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.